The Red Road Lodge features a modified congregate living model were residents, usually persons who are in recovery from substance abuse and at times also have mental health challenges are housed in small private hotel style rooms with a bed-sleeping area with a microwave and mini-fridge and bathroom with a toilet, shower, sink.
Residents are responsible for providing their own meals and are encouraged to use the community kitchen and dining area located on the main floor of the building.
Everyone deserves a home
- Frequently communal meals are provide thanks to volunteer support and food supplied by Winnipeg Harvest, local restaurants and sister agencies
- The main floor also feature a community TV area, pool table and games area, computer station and an arts and crafts area
- Residents are encouraged to mingle, socialize and interact with their fellow residents an engage in healthy lifestyle activities.
- All residents are responsible for their own “housekeeping” duties and to assist with keeping the communal kitchen area and activity spaces clean.
- Laundry service is available on a cost recovery basis and laundry of bedding and linens is provided at no cost to the resident.