REACH THE STREET
In 2012 the Red Road Lodge introduced REACH the STREET – a skills development, training and employment program, which includes the following specific activities:
1) A Community Clean-up Team working directly on Main Street between Higgins and Market Street.
2) A skills training initiative including:
- Re-purposing clothing with artistic paintings.
- Construction Skills Development.
- Bird House wood crafting and painting.
- Community gardens.
- Furniture re-finishing.
- Aboriginal Regalia.
These employment, training and skills development opportunities are available to interested Red Road Lodge residents and S.T.A.R.T. Resource Centre community participants. The initiatives predominantly target homeless individuals or those living on EIA (General or Disability).
In 2015 the Red Road Lodge received $40,000 from the Downtown Winnipeg Biz and employed 39 individuals in respectful community beautification initiatives!